Skip to content
Neuroethology of Flight and Escape in Insects.
- Motor patterns and wing kinematics underlying straight flight and steering in locusts.
- Sensorimotor plasticity in the locust flight system using a mobile robotics platform (M.E.L.).
Insect Flight Aerodynamics & Biomechanics
- Structure and function of the leading edge vortex (LEV).
- Wing-wing interaction in functionally four-winged insects.
- Artificial insect wings.
- Flapping wing micro-aerial-vehicles (MAVs).
- Fish hydrodynamics.
Auditory Sensorimotor Integration & Bioacoustics
- Insect audition.
- Mechanisms of auditory information integration with on-going motor (flight) activity.
- Auditory differences between solitary and gregarious locusts.
Ab ea parte –
- Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT).
- Biomedical devices for concussion studies.
- Assistive devices.